Posts Tagged With: tomorrow
Too much going on, but not enough, of what’s not going on.
That statement may seem somewhat odd, but I assure you it is not. I can show you a million things, that’s, going on today. Let’s see, here’s some examples:
1. The trial of Major Nidal Hasan, the Army psychiatrist accused of killing 13 people and wounding dozens more in a Fort Hood shooting rampage, was temporarily halted today when a lawyer objected that Hasan was putting up no defense in an effort to get himself executed.
2. Python That Killed 2 Boys Was Kept in House, Not in Pet Store – The python that strangled two young boys this week did not escape from the pet store below the apartment where the boys slept, as previously believed, but was a house pet kept inside the apartment where they were visiting friends, authorities in Canada said.
3. US Consumer Borrowing Rose $13.8 Billion in June – Americans borrowed more in June to buy cars and attend schools. But they were frugal again with their credit cards, indicating many are still wary of taking on high-interest debt.
4. Cash-strapped Greek Animal Shelter Lets Online Users Kill Animals -The current financial crisis in Greece has wide-ranging consequences for everyone, including their animal population.
5. Vandals Mark Racial Slurs, Images On Jackie Robinson Statue — Vandals defaced a statue of Jackie Robinson outside the Brooklyn Cyclones baseball stadium, marking racial slurs and symbols on it, park and police officials said Wednesday.
6. Ex-madam, seeking New York City office, faces prescription drug charges – A self-described “ex-madam” who claims she supplied fellow city comptroller candidate Eliot Spitzer with escorts several years ago is facing charges of illegally distributing prescription drugs, authorities said.
7. What do pope’s remarks on gays mean? – Pope Francis ignited a firestorm on the Internet with a few words about gay and lesbian people that seemed to suggest a new church position on homosexuality. I say “seemed to” because it would only appear new to someone who was unfamiliar with the old position.
8. Over 48 years, GOP Strays Far From Voting Rights – “Our country has changed,” wrote Chief Justice John Roberts on June 25, 2013, when five of the nine Supreme Court Justices dismantled the historic Voting Rights Act.
9. Castro a psychopath who will never feel remorse – “There are so many ways of being despicable it quite makes one’s head spin. But the way to be really despicable is to be contemptuous of other people’s pain.” — James Baldwin
10. Yemen foils a plot to attack ports, oil and gas facilities, official says – Why is Yemen a focus of terror threat?
11. Sun’s magnetic field about to flip, causing “ripple effect” – You won’t be able to see it, but it might affect the Earth’s climate — the sun’s magnetic field is going through a big change.
12. North Korea expanding Yongbyon nuclear complex, U.S. Institute says– A U.S.institute tracking North Korea’s nuclear weapons program says recent satellite photos show Pyongyang is doubling the size of its uranium enrichment plant, jibing with the country’s announced plans to expand technology that can be used both to create energy and the core of nuclear weapons.
13. Cyclospora outbreak may have multiple sources – The number of cyclospora cases has risen to over 400, as the FDA says it believes at least some of the cases may have been caused by a salad mix from a Mexican processing plant. What caused the widespread outbreak remains a mystery. Carter Evans reports.
14. How did low-level employees access national secrets? – Whatever the motives of whistleblowers Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning, the obvious question that both these cases raise is how is it that an Army private and one of the guys on the National Security Agency’s IT help desk could wind up with access to some of the nation’s most closely guarded secrets?
15. Study finds modern word choices reflect a more self-centered culture Does anyone ever use the word “oblige” anymore? The way in which the English language and word use changes over time says a lot about how Americans and Britons have become more self-centered, according to a new UCLA study released Wednesday.
I think you might have gotten the idea about all the things going on around us daily…
But, we need to know some very important things about what’s not going on! When I say “what’s not going on, I mean: The things that should be important to us, that we give the least attention! We often neglect the things that should have a major hold on us. Rather it’s seen today or unseen today. Things in the natural realm or things in the spiritual realm. Things that have a major effect on our lives, right now today or in the distant future. Let me help you with that..
Say for instance a great storm came today, tomorrow or this week. Some of us will be prepared, but most of us won’t. Just say you have an underground tunnel built somewhere hoping to be saved. But let’s say the storm was so major that it destroyed everything, and I mean everything! What can you do? What can you say? After all the preparation, you still didn’t survive. Then What?
- Dr Nigel Barber’s book debunks the popular belief that religious groups will dominate atheistic ones because they collectively have more children
- He said the market for formal religion is being squeezed by modern substitutes such as sport and entertainment in more developed countries
- Added that atheists are heavily concentrated in richer countries and religion will decrease as individuals’ personal wealth increases
Religious people in many developed countries will be a minority by 2041, according to one Irish biopsychologist.A study into the beliefs of people living in 137 countries, which forms the basis for a new book, found atheism increases in more developed places as people become increasingly materially rich.
Army Chaplain’s Assistant Accused of Creating a “Hostile and Antagonistic” Environment After Calling Homosexuality a Sin
The men were arrested when they went to their local DMV in Hemet, Calif., and read from the Bible aloud as people stood in line for the DMV to open. When the first California Highway Patrol (CHP) officer arrived on the scene, he grabbed the Bible away from the man reading it and said he could not “preach to a captive audience.”
He is an American musician best known as the former guitarist and co-founder of the nu metal band Korn. He is ranked at No. 26 of Guitar World’s 100 Greatest Heavy Metal Guitarists of All Time and his work has resulted in over 50 million albums sold. By 1995, his band was earning $25 million in royalties and performing in sold out arenas. By 2003, he had become addicted to drugs and would prepare for tours by stashing as much methamphetamine as he could in vitamin capsules, deodorant containers, and his clothes. His life began to spin out of control when his wife, who was also on drugs, left him taking their daughter with her.
Kenyan Lawyer Sues Israel and Italy In the Supreme Court of the World to Overturn the Conviction of Jesus Christ
The conviction of Jesus by Pontius Pilate may be the most famous court verdict ever–and perhaps the most consequential, since it led to Christ’s crucifixion and the founding of a global religion.
Hey, we have got to stand for something, so I’m standing for Jesus Christ!!! I am standing by His side to declare righteousness! I am standing by His side asking Him to heal our Land and Nation. Not only the United States but all the other countries and Nations, as well! Especially the Nation of Israel and the israeli people that are praying to Christ Jesus/ Messiah Yeshua, to also heal their land and cut down their enemies. On which several occasions God did and will do it again!
Hello, I was just wondering, how was your day today? I can say for sure when you rose from bed, you probably thought for a second, it’s just another day. Yes it was another day to live your life. Another day to live and breathe. You know some of us wake up happy and some of us wake up sad, some aching, and some mad. But you woke up. Did you pick up your Bible to say a prayer, or give thanks?
The world is full of wonderful people, people who love life and living. People that know themselves the most, appreciate living. But I can’t help but to wonder, how many of us have learned to lean and depend on Yeshua our Lord and Saviour. How many of us have forgotten? Life goes by us so fast, we very seldom look around, and we very seldom stop to take in the smell of fresh air. We hurry, with a hush, hush attitude.
Does anything matter anymore, except for what we want? We live in an, about us world. All about the mighty dollar. I wonder do you know your next door neighbor. Do you know who runs the corner store? Do you know how many churches are in your neighborhood? Can you put your computer down long enough to talk to someone or your cell phone? Did you pass around some love and joy! Did you smile or shake someone’s hand. Did you say I love you to someone? Did you have a small conversation with Jehovah Our Mighty God? Did you pray today? I don’t know how you, my readers, feel about things, but I pray that we will seek Lord Yeshua. Get to know Him?
As we go our merry way can we tell, or express the whole world that “v.7 He Christ our Lord was oppressed and was afflicted yet He opened not His mouth; He is brought as a lamb to the slaughter. As a sheep before the shearers is dumb, so He openeth not His mouth. V.8 He was taken from prison and from judgment; and who shall declare His generation? For He was cut off out of the land of the living; for the transgressions of my people was He striken. V.9 And He made his grave with the wicked and the rich in His death; because He had done no violence, neither was any deceit in His mouth. Isaiah 53:7-9 KJV
Do we think about who suffered so that we can have the things we have. Do we thank Him for providing a way to be set free, a way to repent for all this wrong stuff we do? I think anybody that has suffered for us so that we can have a better life deserves honor. Our King and Lord needs to be honored. He suffered terribly for ALL of us. But most of us have forgotten. Our memories are so very short. But when you really appreciate something or someone YOU NEVER FORGET!!!
Example: If you were walking down a sidewalk or a hallway, or even a street and you suddenly lost your eyesight; someone came along and guided you to a place of safety, how would you feel? That person then led you to the place you were trying to go to, or called for help; would you be grateful? All your trust would be in that person. You would never forget that person, not in a million years! Would you really be grateful? The skin color of the person wouldn’t matter either. You’d be saying I don’t know what I would have done if you hadn’t showed up and helped me. You’d be crying and holding on to the person for dear life. So why do most of us forget Jesus our Deliverer, God and Redeemer. He’s doing the same thing today, for you.
Can we tell others a story or testify about His mighty works in your life? Even if you don’t think its mighty guess what it is! Know why? You really could be dead somewhere, or in a grave, in sprinkled somewhere in ashes. I don’t care how badly times get, we still have to appreciate that we are still alive. Even the people who are bent on making other people lives miserable, guess what, you are still breathing! We all have to lift ourselves up sometimes, because we feel so low. But it’s ok. The Majesty in the Heavens hears and sees it all. He lifts up bowed down heads. He is the ONLY ONE!
What must you do today, the thing you forgot to do on yesterday! Call His Name. Call on your Father, the One Who Is Waiting! We Better Call His Name!!!
Call His Name. Call His Name. You can call His Name. You can call on Him. You know you can call His name. It’s not hard to do. Just call His Name? Just open your mouth and say His Name. If you have to because you find it hard to open your mouth to call His Name, then just close your eyes. Now is that better….
Just Call it…
You know what…
On you too…
Call His Name.
Yes call it, if that is so hard to do with your eyes open, then just close your eyes and call His name…
Yes say it.
Just say it-His Name
Don’t say He’s too Black or too White, because He is What He Is,
The Way, He is The Truth, and The Life John 14:5-6
The preserver of all men
Our God which happens to be Awesome
Just call HIS NAME! HIS NAME!!!
What must you do today…?
Thanks hope you enjoy!